- CAD Plotters
- Wide-Format Photo, Fine Art & Graphic Printers
- HP Latex, Outdoor, Signage, Wall Paper Printers & Cutters
- Wide Format Ink & Media Supplies
- Multi Functional Printers & Plan Copiers
- Large Format Scanners
- Rotary Paper Trimmers,Guillotines, Cutters & Cutting Bars
- Canon A4 and A3 Copier Paper
- Canvas, Stretcher Bars & Laminate
- Fabric Printers
- 3D Printers
- Autodesk Subscription & HP CAD Workstations
- Colour Management & RIP Software
- Plotter Warranties
- Storage & Filing Systems
Why use plot-IT?
- Est since 1965
- Group turnover - £15 million
- 5 UK offices with over 100 staff
- HP Designjet Warranty Provider
- Autodesk Gold reseller
- Canon Elite Partner
- Stratasys - Gold Partner
MakerBot Method Carbon Fiber Edition 3D Printer 900-0073A
- Purchase Options & Upgrade Path
- Nylon vs Carbon Fiber Nylon
- ABS vs Carbon Fiber Filament
- Material Specifications
- 3D Printing with Metal
MakerBot Method Carbon Fiber Edition:The MakerBot Method/X Carbon Fiber Edition. Print carbon fiber reinforced nylon and other engineering-grade composite parts with three-dimensional strength and accuracy like never before on METHOD’s unique industrial desktop platform. This printer is ideal for anyone that needs to produce strong and accurate parts.Print carbon fiber reinforced nylon and other engineering-grade composite parts with three dimensional strength and accuracy like never before on METHOD’s unique industrial desktop platform.
WHAT'S IN THE BOX:
- METHOD 3D Printer
- Model 1c Composite Extruder
- Support 2 Extruder
SUPPORT MATERIAL COMPATIBILITY:
MODEL MATERIALS SUPPORTED:
- Nylon Carbon Fiber
REPLACE METAL PARTS WITH 3D PRINTED CARBON FIBER:
- Performance: Heated chamber that delivers stronger manufacturing-grade parts
- Precision: Consistent, repeatable and accurate parts time after time
- Flexibility: An open platform for advanced engineering materials
- Usability: Simple intuitive user interface
- Key Uses: Jigs and fixtures, Manufacturing Tools, and some end-use production components.
STRONG, HEAT-RESISTANT METAL REPLACEMENT PARTS:
Carbon fiber reinforced nylon is optimized for high strength, stiffness, and heat resistance making it ideal for structural applications and metal replacements.
- Excellent strength to weight ratio - 110 MPa TS - for lightweighting applications such as robotic end effectors
- Engineering-grade stiffness - 7600 MPa Tensile Modulus - for structural applications such as vehicular brackets and inspection gauges
- High heat resistance under load - 184°C HDT - for optimal under-hood and tooling applications
SUPERIOR NYLON CARBON FIBER PARTS:
METHOD’s unique industrial feature set produces carbon fiber parts with superior three-dimensional strength and accuracy.
- METHOD’s Heated Chamber delivers parts that are strong and and accurate.
- Outstanding surface finish that hides layer lines thanks to METHOD’s Ultra-Rigid Metal Frame.
- Print the most complex geometries including internal cavities with soluble support, or use breakaway support for faster print times.
- METHOD’s sealed filament bays help keep the material dry, resulting in better print quality and reliability, and METHOD’s pre-print spool drying feature allows for the recovery of oversaturated filament.
- Manufacturing Tools
- End Use & Replacement Parts
- High Strength Structural Components
- Excellent strength to weight ratio
- Engineering grade stiffness
- High heat resistance - 186°C Heat Deformation temperature
- Circulating heated chamber
- Includes MakerBot Composite & Support Performance Extruders
- Dry-sealed Material Bays
- Pre-Print Material Drying
- Post-Wash Part Annealing
- Ultra-Rigid Metal Frame
- MakerBot Cloud Connected
- CHAMBER TEMPERATURE: METHOD: 60°C | METHOD X 110°C
- DIMENSIONAL ACCURACY ± 0.2mm / ±0.007in 1
- LAYER RESOLUTION Maximum Capability: 20 - 400 micron
- BUILD VOLUME: Single Extrusion 19 L x 19 W x 19.6 H cm / 7.5 x 7.5 x 7.75 in Dual Extrusion 15.2 L x 19 W x 19.6 H cm / 6.0 x 7.5 x 7.75 in
- POWER REQUIREMENTS METHOD 100 - 240 V 3.9A - 1.6A, 50/60 Hz 400 W max. METHOD X 100 - 240 V 8.1A - 3.4A, 50/60 Hz 800 W max.
Already own a MakerBot Method or Method X? Check out the "Purchase options & Upgrade Path" tab for more information or contact us directly to buy your extruder separately to enable you to upgrade your machine to print in Carbon Fiber filament.
Please watch the following, highly informative, "MakerBot Chat" for a detailed insight into 3D printing with Carbon Fiber. Click here for "EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT CARBON FIBER 3D PRINTING".
OTHER RELATED CARBON FIBER PRODUCTS:
Purchase Options & Upgrade Path
Nylon vs Carbon Fiber Nylon
ABS vs Carbon Fiber Filament
3D Printing with Metal
METHOD 3D PRINTERS NOW SUPPORT BASF FORWARD AM ULTRAFUSE 316L STAINLESS STEEL COMPOSITE MATERIAL!
Users can explore printing rigid 316L stainless steel parts for industrial applications alongside advanced engineering polymers and composites on METHOD with the MakerBot LABS Experimental Extruder.
MakerBot have announced that the BASF Ultrafuse® 316L Stainless Steel material by Forward AM has been qualified for the MakerBot LABS™ Experimental Extruder¹ for the MakerBot METHOD® 3D printers. With an open materials platform and a growing portfolio of advanced engineering-grade materials, METHOD is now the only industrial desktop 3D printer in its price-class with a heated chamber that can print polymer, composite, and metal materials.
Ultrafuse® 316L Stainless Steel material combines high strength, rigidity and durability needed for a range of applications including functional prototypes and manufacturing tools. Available using the MakerBot LABS GEN 2 Experimental Extruder, this metal-polymer composite material provides METHOD users with an accessible and cost-effective option to experiment with metal 3D printing applications without making the significant investment typically needed for a dedicated metal 3D printing solution. 3D printing stainless steel parts can also shorten the time it takes to produce parts, further reducing operational costs compared to traditional methods. METHOD’s heated chamber and ability to control the speed at which a part cools down during the printing process can also help reduce the risk of delamination.
Once the part is printed with BASF Forward AM Ultrafuse® 316L, it can then be sent out to post-processing or specialized manufacturing facilities for debinding and sintering, which turns the part printed with the composite material into solid stainless steel. This process allows users to create stainless steel parts without investing in expensive debinding and sintering equipment. Final parts can achieve up to 96%2 of the density of pure 316L metal material. Users can produce lightweight, hollow metal parts with high tensile strength compared to polymers that would be difficult to produce in other ways.
Johan-Till Broer, vice president of Product Development, MakerBot: “Our customers have expressed interest in exploring metal 3D printing but have been deterred by the high costs and extensive processes of traditional metal 3D printing solutions. By supporting a metal filament as part of the MakerBot LABS program, customers now have an easier and more affordable way to experiment with 3D printing metal before investing in a full printing, debinding, and sintering solution.”
Ultrafuse® 316L material properties make it ideal for a variety of manufacturing tools, jigs and fixtures, and end-use parts, such as workholdings that need to withstand high temperatures; brackets that require high strength and custom designs for specialty machinery; or robotic grippers that need to be strong, lightweight, and wear resistant.
Download a Brochure
MakerBot Method Carbon Fiber Edition 3D Printer 900-0073A - UPGRADE PATH & PURCHASING OPTIONSDownload
MakerBot Method Carbon Fiber Edition 3D Printer 900-0073A - MakerBot Guide to 3D Printing in Automotive industryDownload
MakerBot Method Carbon Fiber Edition 3D Printer 900-0073A - NYLON CARBON FIBER DATA SHEETDownload
MakerBot Method Carbon Fiber Edition 3D Printer 900-0073A - METHOD: CARBON FIBER EDITIONDownload
MakerBot Method Carbon Fiber Edition 3D Printer 900-0073A - METHOD METAL INFO PACKDownload