- CAD Plotters
- Wide-Format Photo, Fine Art & Graphic Printers
- HP Latex, Outdoor, Signage, Wall Paper Printers & Cutters
- Wide Format Ink & Media Supplies
- Multi Functional Printers & Plan Copiers
- Canon A4 and A3 Copier Paper
- Canvas, Stretcher Bars & Laminate
- Fabric Printers
- 3D Printers
- Autodesk Subscription & HP CAD Workstations
- Large Format Scanners
- Colour Management & RIP Software
- Plotter Warranties
- Storage & Filing Systems
Why use plot-IT?
- Est since 1965
- Group turnover - £15 million
- 5 UK offices with over 100 staff
- HP Designjet Warranty Provider
- Autodesk Gold reseller
- Canon Elite Partner
- Stratasys - Gold Partner
Mutoh Kona 1400 55" Sign Cutting Plotter
Mutoh’s affordable 1400 mm wide drag-knife Kona 1400 cutting plotter offers all application features required by professional sign makers:
- Traditional vinyl cutting for lettering jobs
- Contour cutting of pre-printed stickers
- Cut through feature for the creation of individual stickers
Mutoh’s Kona 1400 cutting plotter is equipped with 3 pressure rollers. Off-cuts down to 104 mm (4.09”) can be accommodated.
The Mutoh Kona cutting plotter can cut a broad range of sign making materials ranging from self-adhesive PVC to sandblast, up to a maximum thickness of 1 mm.
Cutting force is adjustable from 20 - 450 g to guarantee optimum cutting results on a wide range of materials. Long-length tracking is guaranteed thanks to matching of grid roller sets per individual machine.
Cutting speed is adjustable up to 1000 mm/s at a maximum acceleration of 3 G, which enables a cutting speed up to 1414 mm/s and an acceleration of 4.2 G in diagonal movements.
- Finest cutting quality with excellent tracking
- Multi-purpose: sign cutting & lettering, contour cutting & cut through
- Full-colour 3.5” LCD touch screen
- High-end sheet-off system
- Dual roll support system
Dual roll support system: Regular media support rollers for easy vinyl handling and perfect tracking. Roll-off system for “contactless” loading of pre-printed rolls : no marks nor scratches on your prints.
- Full-colour 3.5” multi-language LCD touch screen.
- Sheet-off system with long life blades having 4 cutting sides. The sheet-off blade can be rotated to be used at each of the four sides.
- The automatic sheet-off feature will allow slicing up of media at the end of a job. This feature is particularly useful when making multiple copies of signs.
- The Kona' cutting head also integrates a laser tool for accurately measuring automatic contour cut data.
Unique EPOS® Technology
Integrating Mutoh's Epos® technology, the Kona 1400 cutting plotter is ready for perfect teamwork with any printer capable of printing on PVC for contour cutting of pre-printed signs & stickers. All of this fully automatically! For more information on Mutoh’s print & cut workflow solution please contact us.
Mutoh Kona 1400 cutting plotter & Mutoh's Epos® technology:
- Perform regular vinyl cutting & automatic contour cutting.
- Create convenient individual stickers for promotional, instructive or informative purposes by using the cut through feature.
- Provides you a low-cost poster trimming solution for individual samples or small production volumes with the cut through function.
Mutoh Kona Cutting Plotter Applications :
- vehicle graphics
- window graphics
- vinyl stickers
- point of purchase
- funny bumper stickers
- safety signs
- promo stickers
Media Drive Mechanism Micro-grit friction feed / Digital control servo motor Cutting Principle Drag knife Blade Types 30° - 45° - 60° tungsten carbide blades Graphic Language MGL
Max. Media Width (roll & sheet) 1640 mm Max. Sheet-off Width 1400 mm Cutting Range 104 - 1380 mm Max. Epos Measurement Width 1400 mm Max. Media Thickness 1 mm Tracking ± 0.1 mm within a media moving frame of 4 metres Pressure Rollers 3
Max. Speed (axial) 1000 mm/s Max. Speed (diagonal) 1414 mm/s Acceleration (axial) 3.0 G Acceleration (diagonal) 4.2 G Cutting Force 20 - 450 g
Power Supply 100/240 V AC 50/60 Hz
Width x Depth x Height 1850 x 500 x 1150 mm Weight 56 kg