- CAD Plotters
- Wide-Format Photo, Fine Art & Graphic Printers
- HP Latex, Outdoor, Signage, Wall Paper Printers & Cutters
- Wide Format Ink & Media Supplies
- Multi Functional Printers & Plan Copiers
- Canvas, Stretcher Bars & Laminate
- Canon A4 and A3 Copier Paper
- 3D Printers
- Autodesk Subscription & HP CAD Workstations
- Large Format Scanners
- Colour Management & RIP Software
- Plotter Warranties
- Storage & Filing Systems
Why use plot-IT?
- Est since 1965
- Group turnover - £15 million
- 5 UK offices with over 100 staff
- HP Designjet Warranty Provider
- Autodesk Gold reseller
- Canon Elite Partner
- Stratasys - Gold Partner
Makerbot Empowering Students with 3D Printing
MakerBot Education is launching and that means we can get a sneak-peak of their forthcoming educational handbook, MakerBot in the Classroom. It will empower students to create by giving them a blueprint for incorporating MakerBot Replicator 3D Printers in a classroom.
It includes an introduction to 3D printing and a range of hands-on 3D design lesson plans. The book is available as a free digital download for registered MakerBot customers, and a sample project chapter is available free to anyone who registers on MakerBot.com. In conjunction with the release of the handbook, the company launched a new MakerBot Education landing page featuring real-world MakerBot stories, videos and challenges for teachers and students.
MakerBot in the Classroom is divided into three sections: The first section covers how MakerBot Replicator 3D Printers work and the technology behind them. The second section shows how to download, scan and design models to print on a 3D printer. The third chapter features multiple projects for teachers and students to design and print in 3D.
Each section provides background knowledge, learning objectives, terminology, sample activities and discussion materials. Each project introduces a different type of free 3D design software, including Tinkercad, OpenSCAD, Sculptris and 123D Design. Each project also has a section that offers guidance on tying the project further into curriculum.