- CAD Plotters
- Wide-Format Photo, Fine Art & Graphic Printers
- HP Latex, Outdoor, Signage, Wall Paper Printers & Cutters
- Wide Format Ink & Media Supplies
- Multi Functional Printers & Plan Copiers
- Canon A4 and A3 Copier Paper
- Canvas, Stretcher Bars & Laminate
- Fabric Printers
- 3D Printers
- Autodesk Subscription & HP CAD Workstations
- Large Format Scanners
- Colour Management & RIP Software
- Plotter Warranties
- Storage & Filing Systems
Why use plot-IT?
- Est since 1965
- Group turnover - £15 million
- 5 UK offices with over 100 staff
- HP Designjet Warranty Provider
- Autodesk Gold reseller
- Canon Elite Partner
- Stratasys - Gold Partner
HP Designjet T7200 42" Production Printer F2L46A
The versatile HP Designjet T7200 is a high end production printer to meet all your high volume black-and-white and colour printing needs.
With Original HP inks, create high-quality prints at fast speeds, and rely on consistent color accuracy and crisp, sharp lines on a variety of media ranging from bond paper to glossy photo paper.
Ideal for central reprographic departments & High-Volume areas the HP Designjet T7200 Printer streamlines print production for those enterprises requiring print in both monochrome and colour. This printer is a low cost alternative to those devices that print only in monochrome or colour and light-emitting diode (LED) technologies, which can be expensive to maintain.
The Designjet T7200 capable of handling paper rolls up to 42" in width. This printer features high-end technology including HP's Double Swath Technology & Optical Media Advance Sensor, both of which contribute to creating consistent, quality prints at fast rates of up to 165 A1 plots per hour.
Paper handling is via two spindles, each capable of holding a 300 mm - 1067 mm roll that is up to 200 meters' long. The T7200 also features automatic roll switching, a media bin, and automatic cutter for long periods of unattended printing, additionally a third roll can be added for even more production capibilty.
The T7200 printer utilizes a six-color ink system to get these high quality prints with cyan, magenta, yellow, dark gray, gray, and matte black cartridges.
The printer features a 1000Base-T Gigabit Ethernet port for connectivity and works with the use of HP Designjet SmartStream software in order to handle documents and send prepared images to the printer. The T7200 is ENERGY STAR and EPEAT Bronze certified.
- HP Double Swath Technology allows for faster, more accurate printing by doubling the number of printhead nozzles with a staggered formation, allowing the printer to cover two paths is a single pass.
- HP Optical Media Advance Sensor provides direct optical measurement of media motion and ensures the printer will not move the media incorrectly for accurate line lengths and quality.
- HP Designjet SmartStream software cuts preparation time by up to 50% by providing reliable file handling and conversion as well as advanced previews with HP Crystal Preview Technology.
- Print at speeds up to 165 A1 Per Minute.
- Maximum print resolution of 2400 x 1200 dpi in color.
- Black and white and color printing options for anything from line drawings to graphics.
Paper Handling and Ink System
- Holds two 300 mm - 1067mm wide, 200 meter long rolls with the ability to upgrade the printer to hold a third media roll with Automatic roll switching for uninterrupted printing sessions. Six-colour ink system with cyan, magenta, yellow, dark gray, & gray dye-based ink as well as a pigment-based matte black ink.Automatic cutter and media bin grant unattended printing capabilities.
Optional Print Handling additions
Optional High Capacity Stacker and with two Folder Options the T7200 can make the handling of prints much simpiler for operators. The CQ742A HP Designjet Stacker as an alternative offers stacking of up to 500 prints.
Add the dedicated HP Designjet SD or HD-PRO scanner and create an all-in-one mfp offering scan to file, copying and print all in one package.
HD for High-Quality high-Density Scans and copies at upto 1200DPI upto 42-in wide
SD for standard density, ideal for copying of drawings and plans upto 44-in wide
- High-speed colour printing that delivers up to four A1-size pages per minute
- Print up to 1,968 feet (600 metres) uninterrupted
- High-capacity HP ink cartridges and upto three heavy rolls for unattended printing
- Boost production, manage PDFs, cut job prep time by upto 50% with SmartStream software
- HP Crystal Preview from HP Designjet SmartStream creating accurate print previews
- Great versatility - print CAD drawings with technical renders and graphics + more
- Save up front - low initial investment compared with equivalent printing technologies
- Easily produce professional applications with crisp, sharp lines and consistent colour accuracy
- Rely on continuous operation for maintenance and consumables via HP Designjet Partner Link
- Print on a wide range of media, from bond paper to glossy photo paper, for maximum versatility
- Optional accessories including online folder, external stacker, and scanner
Print time color image ISO N5 (best, metric A1 glossy paper):
Print time color image ISO N5 (normal metric A1 glossy paper):
Print time color image ISO N5 (draft, A1 coated paper):
Print time color image ISO N5 (normal metric A1 coated paper):
Print time line drawing (economode, A1 plain paper):
Print speed line drawing (economode, A1 plain paper):
165 A1 prints per hour
(Mechanical printing time. Printed in Fast mode on HP Bright White Inkjet Paper (bond). Speed indicated is maximum printer speed)
- 64 GB (virtual)
- Standard, 320 GB
Print quality (best)
Color: Up to 2400 x 1200 optimised dpi
HP Thermal Inkjet
Number of print cartridges:
6 (1 each cyan, magenta, yellow, matte black, grey, dark grey)
Compatible ink types:
- Dye-based (cyan, magenta, yellow, grey, dark grey)
- Pigment-based (matte black)
Guaranteed minimum line width:
0.06 mm (ISO/IEC 13660:2001(E))
Finished output handling:
- Two roll feeds (upgradeable to three)
- Automatic roll switching
- Rolls up to 200 m each
- Automatic cutter
- Media bin
Bond and coated paper (bond, coated, recycled, heavyweight coated), technical paper (natural tracing, translucent bond, vellum), film (clear, matte, polyester), photographic paper (satin, gloss, semi-gloss, matte, high-gloss), self-adhesive (indoor paper, polypropylene, vinyl), banner and sign material (backlit, outdoor paper, blue back billboard paper)
Media weights, recommended:
70 to 328 g/m²
Media sizes standard (metric rolls):
- 280 to 1067 mm rolls
Roll external diameter:
Up to 15.7 mil
HP ePrint capability:
HP Designjet SmartStream, Printer driver, HP Embedded Web Server
- Gigabit Ethernet (1000Base-T)
- EIO Jetdirect accessory slot
HP-GL/2, HP-RTL, CALS G4
Power and operating requirements
270 watts (printing); < 48 watts (ready); < 5.3 watts (sleep); < 0.3 watts (off)
Operating temperature range:
5 to 40°C
Operating humidity range:
20 to 80% RH
Dimensions and weight
Dimensions (W x D x H)
1974 x 700 x 1374 mm
What's in the box?
HP DesignJet T7200 Production Printer, 2-in spindle, Printheads, Introductory ink cartridges, Printer stand and media bin, 3-in spindle adapter kit (x2), Maintenance cartridge, Startup software, Quick reference guide, Setup poster, Power cords, HP Utility for Mac and HP Designjet Utility for Windows, HP SmartStream for HP Designjet (free trial), 90-day hardware warranty
FREE ROLL of Paper from plot-IT - Shipped from our warehouse
Download a Brochure
HP Designjet T7200 42" Production Printer F2L46A - HP Designjet T7200 BrochureDownload